- BUGFIX: fix the free space verification process in VictoriaLogs that was erroneously shifting to read-only mode, despite there being sufficient free space available. See this issue.
Released at 2023-10-03
- FEATURE: add
-elasticsearch.versioncommand-line flag, which can be used for specifying Elasticsearch version returned by VictoriaLogs to Filebeat at elasticsearch bulk API. This helps resolving this issue.
- FEATURE: expose the following metrics at /metrics page:
- FEATURE: add
-insert.maxFieldsPerLinecommand-line flag, which can be used for limiting the number of fields per line in logs sent to VictoriaLogs via ingestion protocols. This helps to avoid issues like this.
- FEATURE: expose
vl_http_request_duration_secondshistogram at the /metrics page. Thanks to @crossoverJie for this pull request.
FEATURE: add support of
-storage.minFreeDiskSpaceBytescommand-line flag to allow switching to read-only mode when running out of disk space at
-storageDataPath. See this issue.
- BUGFIX: fix possible panic when no data is written to VictoriaLogs for a long time. See this issue. Thanks to @crossoverJie for filing and fixing the issue.
- BUGFIX: add
/insert/loky/readyendpoint, which is used by Promtail for healthchecks. This should remove
unsupported path requested: /insert/loki/readywarning logs. See this comment.
- BUGFIX: prevent from panic during background merge when the number of columns in the resulting block exceeds the maximum allowed number of columns per block. See this issue.
Released at 2023-07-20
- FEATURE: add support for data ingestion via Promtail (aka default log shipper for Grafana Loki). See these and these docs.
Released at 2023-07-17
- FEATURE: support short form of
_timefilters over the last X minutes/hours/days/etc. For example,
_time:5mis a short form for
_time:(now-5m, now], which matches logs with timestamps for the last 5 minutes. See these docs for details.
- FEATURE: add ability to specify offset for the selected time range. For example,
_time:5m offset 1his equivalent to
_time:(now-5m-1h, now-1h]. See these docs for details.
- FEATURE: LogsQL: replace
exact("..."*). This makes it consistent with i() filter, which can accept phrases and prefixes, e.g.
i("phrase"*). See these docs.
Released at 2023-06-21